Titanfall 2’s next expansion has officially been revealed by EA and Respawn Entertainment today, which brings some notable new content to the game. It is called A Glitch in the Frontier, and will launch across all supported platforms on April 25th. The DLC includes two new maps, a new faction, a new game mode and more, which you can check out in the trailer at the bottom of this post.
The first of the two maps is called Glitch, which is described as “a medium-sized map designed for objective modes and inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet of Harmony. Vertical drops and long, twisting paths dominate the environment, perfect for chaining together long wall runs to seamlessly glide across the map.” This is joined by the Deck map, which features “tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead. You may see a M.R.V.N. or two puttering around in the background…”
These maps are joined by a variety of other things, which are detailed in the following:
- M.R.V.N. Faction
- Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
- Update to the Main Menu
- We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
- Max Gen increase for Pilots
- You will now be able to Gen to 100.
- New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
- Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
- New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
- Live Fire mode added to Private Match options
Titanfall 2 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Despite failing to be a big seller when it launched last year, the game was nevertheless very well-received and has been regularly supported by the developer with free content. We loved the game when we covered it last year, giving it 4.5/5 stars in our review.