With NetherRealm Studios ramping up the marketing for their upcoming DC Comics based fighter, Injustice 2 that saw a new story mode trailer being revealed alongside the announcement of a beta that’s set to go live today. It was only a matter of time before the Chicago based studio started a dev stream to reveal information about their upcoming title.
Which as of today, marks the first of many “Watchtower” streams that will happen until the game officially launches this May. For those who happened to miss the stream, don’t worry we’ve got you covered on the information that the developers discussed during the first stream.
- Every returning character will have new special moves.
- More characters are expected to receive premium skins.
- Be able to see what gears your friends have online.
- Set to have biggest initial and DLC roster for NRS.
- Ed Boon doesn’t rule out in third-party characters being included in it’s roster, due to previous titles indicated such characters being the most downloaded.
- Set to have the biggest story mode.
- First wave of beta codes are going out today with more waves going out with every Watchtower stream.
- The beta will feature Batman, Supergirl, Superman and Atrocitus. Other characters may be added through the course of the beta.
- Beta is set to last one month.
- In depth look at the first gameplay footage of Robin. You can watch the gameplay video here.
- Every character will be able to have five different loadouts for their gear.
- Ability slots in your inventory can modify current abilities or replace your current one. Certain ability gear can take up two slots such as gears that can change your super.
- Character select interactions from Mortal Kombat X returns.
- A stream showcasing the different types of shaders will happen in the near future.
Aside from the above, the rest of the stream consisted of the developers showcasing some ways the gear system can alter the way a character plays. Which for those who have been keeping tabs on the game isn’t exactly new.
However, before the stream concluded it’s been revealed that the next Watchtower stream will take place in two weeks.
Injustice 2 is set to be available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms on May 16th.