Around AOTF ×
Platforms
More
News

Developer 99% Sure We’ll See Bloodborne 2 at E3 2017

From Software may have closed the book on the Souls series for now, but that doesn’t mean Bloodborne is done for.  In fact, we very well could be getting an announcement of Bloodborne 2 at Sony’s E3 Press Conference.

What started as a little joke on the NeoGAF forums with a badly titled post regarding Bloodborne 2, got a bit more serious when developers who frequent the forum started chiming in.

Thomas Mahler of Moon Studios (Ori & The Blind Forest) thinks that there is a 99% chance that we see Bloodborne 2 at E3?  Was this just a goof on Mahler’s part, stoking the flames of a forum that is always lusting for more PlayStation exclusives and Souls-type games?

It’s hard to tell.  Mahler made no further comments in the thread.  He just popped in to say there’s a 99% chance that it’ll be there.  How he knows this is anyone’s guess, but I suppose he did leave himself a 1% out in case it isn’t.

The original Bloodborne launched back in 2015 for the PlayStation 4 and saw critical acclaim.  Despite the overflow of similar games, Bloodborne managed to put a slightly different spin on the Dark Souls series.  With so many PlayStation 4 consoles now on the market and Bloodborne/Dark Souls being an incredibly popular series, it would make a lot of sense for Sony to revisit Bloodborne with a sequel that can only be played on their console.

E3 is just around the corner so we’ll likely know if these Bloodborne 2 rumors hold up, or not.

Say Something